Do you enjoy a good puzzle? Do you like using the newest technology? Whether you are familiar with QR codes or just starting to investigate them, gain a better understanding and use of these codes by participating in the QR Code Treasure Hunt. The first code will be at the registration desk starting on Monday morning. Scan the code with your mobile device and get started on the hunt! The codes will contain clues and be your map.
If you need a QR code reader, the following are free and found in the market/store for each device:
- iphone: i-nigma, Barcodes, Qrafter, NeoReader, TapReader
- Android: I-nigma, Barcode Scanner, QuickMark Barcode Scanner, Google Goggles, NeoReader
- Blackberry: I-nigma, Qrem
- Palm: de CODE
For more information on QR Codes at the Internet Librarian conference, attend any or all of the following:
- Saturday, October 15, 1:30 pm 4:30 pm: W7 Engaging Your Community With QR Codes (Preconference)
- Monday, October 17, 11:15 am 12:00pm: A102 QR Codes in Action
- Tuesday, October 18, 10:00 am 10:15 am: Cybertour in Exhibit Hall QR Codes 101 (Cybertours will be posted soon)
This special activity for Internet Librarian attendees was designed by Kelly Sattler (@ksattler on Twitter), Digital Projects Librarian, Digital Information, Michigan State University Libraries. Kelly has been a librarian for 4 years and has worked in the I.T. realm for over 15 years. She currently is the project manager for Michigan State University Libraries Web Services team.