Tuesday Evening: Innovative & Awesome Tech
Join us on Tuesday evening for our Innovative & Awesome Tech session from 7:30 to 9:00 at Computers in Libraries.
This year’s fun and learning event can only be described as Cybertours meets Pecha Kucha meets Battledecks meets TED!
- Moderator: Rebecca Jones, Managing Partner, Dysart & Jones Associates
- Lee Rainie, Director, Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project and & Author, forthcoming book, Networked: The New Social Operating System.
- Michael Peter Edson, Director of Web & New Media Strategy, Office of the CIO, Smithsonian Institution
- Andrea Snyder, Job & Career Information Center Manager, Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Julie Strange, Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland
- Sheli McHugh, Cataloging and Metadata Librarian, The University of Scranton Weinberg Memorial Library
- Kristen Yarmey, Digital Services Librarian, The University of Scranton Weinberg Memorial Library
- Jason Griffey, Head of Library Information Technology, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Author, Speaker, Tech Geek
- Sara Kelley-Mudie, Library Director and Educational Technology Facilitator, The Forman School
- Caroline Jobe, Library Services Coordinator, Village Learning Place
- Maurice D. Coleman, Technical Trainer, Harford County Public Library and Host, T is for Training
Join us for an inspiring session of the most amazing ideas you will want to implement in your library immediately. Projects range between super simple things you can do today to the “omg I totally wish we could do that,” to low-cost wonders and high-priced dreams.
Speakers discuss programming, technology, and other ways to enhance customer experience in all different types of libraries.
Leave the status quo behind and return to work inspired, ready to transform your world.