Registration for London’s Internet Librarian International (ILI) opened last month. Some generous discounts are available to be grabbed – up to 40% – and the early bird expires next month. Always relevant, this lively European conference explores library and info pro superpowers this October, with the following six conference tracks drilling down into the incredible range of roles, skills and initiatives we carry out every day:
- THE NEW LIBRARY, THE NEW LIBRARIAN – exploring some of the strategies, structures, teams, skills, services and collaborations librarians are using to ensure they stay at the cutting edge.
- USERS, UX AND USAGE – understanding how libraries are working with users to redesign services, spaces and to understand usage.
- CONTENT CREATIVITY – investigating how creative libraries are creating, curating and marketing digital collections, how librarians are publishers in their own right and how they are driving collaborative content creation.
- FIGHT THE FAKE, FIND THE FACTS – celebrating two of the librarian’s super powers – advanced search techniques and nurturing information integrity – in a post-truth/multi-truth era.
- MARKETING THE LIBRARY – sharing stories of librarians who are influencing use and expanding audiences for their services and collections from the DJ librarian to the digital storyteller.
- NEW SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATIONS – exploring why the scholarly communications landscape is changing, and what this means for libraries and information professionals.
Join the discussion on ILI365, twitter and LinkedIn.
Information Today Ltd.