Now that our smart phones can search the web for us, how do info pros set themselves apart from anyone with access to Google? This full-day workshop brings the basic principles of hacking—curiosity, creativity, collaboration—to advanced web research.
Searcher Academy allows you to interact with a series of industry experts, who share their search hacks and expertise in the field of web research. There’s always something new to be learned from these leading-edge info pros. Participants should have basic experience with web searching, but even searchers with an extensive searching background will come away with a new attitude and new resources and tools.
Academy topics include:
- Hacking Google: Learn about the new and little-known search features that enable you to out-Google anyone… even your clients!
- Hacking the Deep Web: Today’s best techniques for identifying and searching the rich content within the deep web
- Hacking the Social Web: How to get the most value from social media, both for research and professional development
- Hacking Your Deliverables: What you can do with your search results to make the information even more valuable
- Hacking Subject Searches: Specific tools and resources for searching in a variety of specialized topics
- Mary Ellen Bates, Principal, Bates Information Services, Inc.
- Gary Price, Co-Founder, INFODocket & FullTextReports
- Marcy Phelps, President, Phelps Research and Author, Research on Main Street: Using the Web to Find Local Business and Market Information
- Marydee Ojala, Editor-in-Chief, Online Searcher magazine